Monday, February 27, 2012

Car Conversations :-)

I love the people I work with! My favorite part of the day is when I am running my morning shift back across to their cars at 2pm and well a conversation starts! Before we know it, we have been sitting in the middle of a parking lot for about an hour talking about how awesome God is and life. Today's topic was started by a quote I have posted in my car about cherishing the moments God brings you on the ordinary road on that not so crazy amazing day. Noticing the small positive things especially at work on a MONDAY.  Just being able to talk with co-workers and dear friends about Christ makes any day amazing! My car is starting to become my favorite place. So many crazy and deep conversations are held in my Taurus! I am so blessed! This Monday was full of laughter and crazy faces from my dear friends reminding me how cool life is and how not to take it to seriously, have fun! Chats at the break table, talks chic flicks with guys, and well getting to talk to an American Idol Contestant and what all god is doing in his life and those around him. So all together, it was a great start to the week ahead!

The quote I have in my car:
"My Father, help me to expect you on the ordinary road. I do not ask for sensational happenings. Commune with me through ordinary work and duty. Be my companion when I take the common journey. Let the humble life be transfigured by your presence."

God works in crazy ways :-) Funny what he uses.


Today's quote is from my Devotion:

"Left alone! What different sensations those words conjure up to each of us. To some they spell loneliness and desolation, to others rest and quiet. To be left alone without God, would be too awful for words, but to be left alone with Him is a foretaste of heaven! If his followers spent more time alone with him, we would have spiritual giants again. "

And as I read this the song Never alone by Barlow Girl played on the radio:
"Never Alone"

I waited for you today
But you didn't show
No no no
I needed You today
So where did You go?
You told me to call
Said You'd be there
And though I haven't seen You
Are You still there?

I cried out with no reply
And I can't feel You by my side
So I'll hold tight to what I know
You're here and I"m never alone

And though I cannot see You
And I can't explain why
Such a deep, deep reassurance
You've placed in my life

We cannot separate
'Cause You're part of me
And though You're invisible
I'll trust the unseen

We cannot separate
You're part of me
And though You're invisible
I'll trust the unseen


1 comment: